A Grandfathers Remorse:
To my son and daughter, We tried so hard to make things better for you we made them worse.
For my grandchildren, this is a list of things that need fixed.
- A church family that cares more for you, than what you are wearing.
- Sitting on the bucket while your father makes homemade ice cream.
- Learn to dig in the dirt and read books.
- Fishing poles, a bucket of worms and leftover meat loaf sandwiches, that’s all you need.
- Letting your brother/sister tag along when your friends go to a movie.
- An old car you paid for.
- Learn honesty by being cheated.
- Learn to standup for those who cannot.
- Milk a cow and feed a baby calf.
- Learn to add and subtract in your head.
- Figure out kissing is better than texting.
- Understand, liars lie and can’t stop lying. Don’t waste your time on them.
- Popular today, is going to look stupid tomorrow.
- Hard work does not always lead to happiness.
- Tough times and disappointment they will come no matter what you do.
- I sure hope you make time to sit on the porch with grandpa.
These things I wish for you, it’s not a complete list but a great start on one.
The Old Man